California LABOR CODE
450. (a) No employer, or agent or officer thereof, or other person,
may compel or coerce any employee, or applicant for employment, to
patronize his or her employer, or any other person, in the purchase
of any thing of value.
(b) For purposes of this section, to compel or coerce the purchase
of any thing of value includes, but is not limited to, instances
where an employer requires the payment of a fee or consideration of
any type from an applicant for employment for any of the following
(1) For an individual to apply for employment orally or in
(2) For an individual to receive, obtain, complete, or submit an
application for employment.
(3) For an employer to provide, accept, or process an application
451. Any person, or agent or officer thereof, who violates this
article is guilty of a misdemeanor.
452. Nothing in this article shall prohibit an employer from
prescribing the weight, color, quality, texture, style, form and make
of uniforms required to be worn by his employees.
Life in college can sometimes be stressful due to the demands placed upon you as a student while covering your coursework. Professors may require you to deliver high quality academic papers within strict timelines. This may end up limiting the time you have to do things that you love like hanging out with friends or taking on a part time job. The pressure brought about by this work load drives many students to look for essay help.