From the UK to the Bay Area
Sex Workers Win Justice and the Right to Work Safely
Friday, August 1
518 Valencia Street, San Francisco (16th Mission BART)
6:30pm Snacks, meet and greet Niki from London
7pm program starts
$5-10 donation, no one turned away
Guest speaker: Niki Adams, English Collective of Prostitutes. Also, Alexandra Berliner , All of Us or None;
Rachel West, US PROStitutes Collective
Speakers will address:
· How UK sex workers won against mass raids and closures instigated by police and property developers attempting to take over the historic red-light district of Soho, central London, England. This is a crucial victory for the SF Bay Area to know about, as many of us face speculators, evictions and gentrification.
· The ground breaking victory winning compensation for rape for sex workers who were previously excluded from the California Victim Compensation Program.
· How the recent FBI closure of Redbook, an online advertising venue, has affected sex workers safety.
· A successful campaign against increased criminalization of sex work: Bill SB 1388.
· Stop the War on the Poor Campaign: how it strengthens our struggle for survival and against criminalization.
· Next steps and how you can be involved.
Called by: In Defense of Prostitute Women’s Safety, a project of US PROStitutes Collective and Legal Action for Women
Endorsed by: All of Us or None; California Coalition for Women Prisoners; Erotic Service Providers Union; Legal Services for Prisoners with Children; Queer Strike; Global Women’s Strike/Bay Area; Sin Barras
415-626-4114 uspros(AT)prostitutescollective.net www.uspros.net